Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Henrietta Fancy-Pants

I just finished Henrietta. I started her on our road trip to Utah. (needlefelting is the BEST travel activity for long, boring stretches) I got quite a bit of her basic shape done by the time we'd crossed Nevada, and worked on her here & there almost every day of the trip after that. Working on the finishing touches has taken me till now. She is life-sized, and solid wool felt. She is extremely firmly felted, and weighs 13 ounces. 13oz is a LOT of wool. I changed her color 3 times; finally settling in on this beautiful gray Navajo Churro wool I found in Moab. I think I'll put her in the Harvest Fair.




8 comments:

BIKY said...

oh she is fantastic!!

Mark said...

Hi Nancy,

Great looking chick :-)

Gerald de Dios said...

I'm just floored at the design, detail and how much work went into this!

Nancy said...

Thanks - I so appreciate the comments from BIKY and Mark, two needlefelters and Gerald, artist extraordinaire!

Ana Renkow said...

Henrietta is awesome! You are truly a master at this craft Nancy! I can't wait to come over.

Rosebug said...

Do I understand correctly that you needle felted while riding in car?
Uh....How?
Smooth straight roads? Excellent car suspension? Lap table thingy?

Love your Hen-rietta and Russell too. Really nice work.

Nancy said...

Thanks, Rosebug! Needlefelting is perfect for road trips. Unless you're on a dirt road, it's no problem at all. I'm lucky that my husband likes to do most of the driving, so I happily pass the time felting. I've felted on planes and trains, too. I hardly ever stab myself, and when I do, it's no big deal.

BumbleVee said...

this gal has to be a winner !!