Friday, July 10, 2009

Feltfarm Sign

I needed a sign for my shop. OK, so I don't really have a shop, but whatever. So I made this. I'll use it for craft fairs and farmers markets or wherever I happen to be selling my stuff. I photographed it in our sunflower "forest" we have sprouting out in the front yard.



Here it is closer up



While I was out there, I noticed this pumpkin blossom. The pumpkin plant has snaked itself into the warm, humid, shady area in the sunflower forest, and is wrapping its tendrils around the sunflowers. I had to nip that one in the bud before some sunflowers got hurt.





Yesterday I saw an ad on Craigslist for old apple boxes from a farm here in Sebastopol. Dave & I drove over there with the idea that maybe we could re-purpose them into a shelving unit for our bedroom. That didn't pan out, because they were a little too rough. But we bought one anyway, because the chickens need more nesting room. Ginger took to it right away.

No comments: