Sunday, June 28, 2009

Feltfarm's going to the Market!

I'm going to try something new - selling at a Farmers Market. I go to farmers markets all the time - it's one of my favorite things to do whether here locally or while traveling. Nothing gives a sense of place better than being amidst fresh flowers, fruit and veggies that came out of the ground mere hours before. Not to mention locally made cheese, tea, chocolate, eggs, fish and more. Then there's the people-watching. Occidental has the best. It's not just the Occidental Farmers Market, it's the Occidental Bohemian Farmers Market. Yeah, that's right.
So I'm going to try my hand at having a booth this Friday, July 3rd to sell my needlefelting. This is a first for me, and I don't know how it's going to work - will I be well-received? Will people be nice to me? Will I be bored, or overwhelmed?
If you are local and are reading this, I would truly love to see some friendly faces pop in - Gerard will be there making his awesome Paella, and there will be wood-fired pizza, crepes, Indian curry and samosas and more, so come eat dinner! 4pm till dusk.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Hi Nancy,

I've been following your blog for a few weeks. I sure like you vacation photos!

Good luck at the farmer's market. I have been making mohair teddy bears for a few years and recently started needle felting. I've done a few bear and doll shows so the collectors really come. Just be friendly and ask how they like the market and do they collect, and what do they collect. You'll get lots of answers and it will go from there. I'm looking forward to hearing how it went.

Nancy said...

Hi Mark,
I'm so glad you commented. I appreciate the support.
I just finished reading through your blog, and really enjoyed your writing and creativity. Turns out we have a lot in common, from felting to quilting, beading, kayaking, photography... Your mohair bears are pretty incredible, and your felted cats are amazing. I love your whimsical style. Much more interesting, I think, than the realistic-looking felted cats. And life-sized, right?
Please wish Pam well with her treatments.