Friday, February 20, 2009

For Australia

I belong to a wonderful online forum on Felting. There are members from all around the world who participate in discussion and sharing of the art of felting. A number of people on the forum are from Australia, where devastating wildfires have been burning for the last two weeks. Last I heard, 1800 people have lost their homes, and entire towns have been wiped out. One of the Australian members of the forum decided to organize an art sale to raise money for the people there. I made this piece last weekend, and will be sending it off to Australia this week. It is a Strauss Dairy milk bottle which I wet-felted to encase it with white. I then needle-felted a "cork" which is removeable. To me, it represents new life emerging, as is my hope for the area of Australia which has been destroyed. It can be used as a tip jar, a "mad money" jar, or a candy jar or whatever. I'll send it off with a few coins inside to get started.

For more info: http://feltingforumnews.blogspot.com/


4 comments:

Amelia Lorenz said...

That's so beautiful!

VO said...

I absolutely love this piece. It's gorgeous. I hope they get lots of money for it.

Suzanne's Blog said...

Nancy, how wonderful that you have done this. You're my Shero. I finally started a blog. If this isnt the site, Ill e mail you the tag. suz

Donita Curioso said...

Lovely. I really like the roots and the different greens.