Tuesday, February 26, 2008

No News was Good News for awhile

For a whole two weeks I was able to have hope about that job, but you can only say "no news is good news" for so long, so I finally e-mailed the art director whom I interviewed with to find out the status of the job. She wrote back saying that they've hired someone. No explanation - she'll "keep my resume around." What a bummer. This was the job I really wanted; of all the jobs I've interviewed for. This gets old and depressing after awhile.

I do have a couple of little freelance projects going. And I'm taking a super-wonderful class at the JC called "photo restoration." It is the most advanced Photoshop class I have ever taken, the teacher is amazing, and comes from a photography background. Most of the students are super smart professional photographers, and I feel like I'm finally using photoshop to its full potential after all these years of just scratching the surface.

Tonight I had hula, which greatly helped ease my misery. Hula is incredibly fun these days, as we're learning a fast-paced sassy choreography to Amy Hanaiali`i's "Hale`iwa Hula." Also our little `ukulele group is having a lot of fun and picking up speed a little.

So all-in-all life is good, and I've decided to beat myself up too bad about the job. There's some reason it wasn't the right job (I just wish I knew what it was.) And I have hope that something better will come along, and I'll look back and say, "Man, I'm glad I'm not commuting to Petaluma."

3 comments:

Jo said...

One door closed - but this allows for a better door to open. Just hang in there!

Nancy said...

Hey Jo!
Love the picture!
Thanks - I know that. I can't wait to look back at this as a positive thing. Some day.

Donita Curioso said...

Hang in there. if they didn't have the courtesy to let you know that you didn't get it then it might be an indication of how that office is run.