Thursday, May 7, 2009

Healdsburg Ridge Hike

Playing tourist in my own backyard again, I finally got up to Healdsburg ridge today. Being the first non-rainy day in quite awhile, everything was clean and fresh. And I was the only one up there. I managed to stumble and do a face plant at one point, but thankfully the ground was still soft. There are two beautiful ponds up there. "Fox Pond" was rimmed with wild yellow irises. It had blooming lillies on the water and bright blue dragonflies flying around; many in tandem. It was just too bright and sunny to get decent pictures of it, but I did get some other pictures that I liked:

Ain't nobody here but me & the lizard


I don't know what these are called, but I always think "cornflower blue" when I see them.



The second pond I came upon was less in the direct sun, and I was mesmerized by some of the reflections.




From atop the ridge, you can see the Russian river over on the right, and Mt. St. Helena on the left.

1 comment:

Donita Curioso said...

Ooh, I love the photo of the tree reflected in the water. Once, on a river trip, I got all mesmerized by the ripples and reflections in the water. I took a lot of pictures of that. Everyone made fun of me! But I did use them as sources for a Photoshop project.