Thursday, March 5, 2009

Yip Yip Aliens

**edit** These Yip Yips are not for sale







I have finished my pair of Yip Yip Alien puppets! They took a long time to make, as they are completely hand-made out of wool fiber by wet- and needle-felting. I'm pretty sure I could whip out a couple of these with my sewing machine from crushed velour, ping-pong balls, and a sharpie in a few hours. But I wouldn't want to.

Other hand-felted items can be found on my shop:
www.feltfarm.etsy.com

Oh, and if you have never heard of the Yip Yip Aliens, they were a pair of puppets on the Muppet Show, introduced in 1971. Here they are on You Tube discovering a telephone:

3 comments:

Suzanne's Blog said...

Oh my goodness Nancy, they are adorable! You did such a great job. I can understand your reluctance to let them go!
Hey, check out my friends blog aesthetic space, she featured a photo I took and gave me a great acknowledgement. Suzanne

Nancy said...

Nice pomegranate, Suzi. It looks like afternoon light. That would be a nice Christmas card.

Amanda said...

Those are adorable! Great job.