Sunday, October 12, 2008

Paint by Numbers

I came across a woman at the Petaluma Antique Fair a couple of weeks ago that had a bunch of Paint-by-Numbers paintings. I couldn't stop looking at them - it brought me right back to my childhood. My guess is that most those paintings done way back then no longer exist. In my mind, at least, they didn't seem very worthy at that time. Now I'm all sentimental about them. I bought this one.



Whoever did it never got around to painting the number 1 - white.

4 comments:

Donita Curioso said...

Heh! Very cool. I like the unpainted areas. I have a Van Gogh, Starry Night set that's waiting for me to paint. One of these days...

I wanted to do a paint by number Mona Lisa, like, 15 feet tall and set it up amongst the Christmas trees. I thought it would be fun for the customers.

You can find all kinds of cool finished paint by number paintings on eBay.

Nancy said...

Wow, you're not kidding! There are some pretty cool ones. I like your idea about a giant Mona Lisa. Now I want to make my own. With the assistance of Photoshop.

Donita Curioso said...

Hey, I actually saw one of these for sale on eBay.

Nancy said...

I wonder how many are out there?