Monday, June 23, 2008

Sketchcrawl #19

I love Sketchcrawls! It's such a gift to allow yourself the whole day to just draw. Fort Point was the location this time, right under the bridge. About 40 people showed up. The weather was beautiful, as always. This was Amelia's last crawl before heading off to College.
We were merely the San Francisco contingent of the Worldwide Sketchcrawl. If you would like to see the results of what people sketched all over the world on Sunday, you can see as people post their work at www.sketchcrawl.com/forum/. Just go to 19th Worldwide Sketchcrawl, and then click on the city/country RESULTS post. I think it's fascinating. I'll put mine up eventually. Sweden posted some great photos along with the art. I want to go to Sweden. I loved Australia's. And I want to learn to sketch like Gabi Campanario in Seattle. That'll never happen!

I'm so HAPPY that Sib, Ross, Diane, Ruth and Ernie came down!!! I've always wanted them to come! Yay!

The North Bay/East Bay gang: L-R front row: Jeff, Amelia, Ronnie, Gerin, Ruth, Sibyl. Back row: Ernie, Ross, Nancy, Diane

That bridge is breathtaking from any angle...


Concentrating...


Summer in SF and no fog! Diane and Sib upon our arrival:


Amelia and "the man" Enrico Casarosa. Dig the blue hat.



I don't know where the time went. The day FLEW by, and I only did these two sketches!!





Afterwards, we went to Presidio Social Club for dinner, and then to the Ethnic Dance Festival at the Palace of Fine Arts. What a great day.

1 comment:

Lisa Adams Reed said...

Hey Nancy! Good to hear from you on the crawl forum! I am enjoying your blog and your interesting life! Great sketches and felting. I am sure you are missing Amelia!
And, so sorry about the chickens!
Martha and I had a blast in Austin and are planning our next rendezvous! Stay in touch.
Lisa