Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!


Bodega Harbor Sunset 12/31/2007


I consider any year that has no death in the family or no major illnesses a very good year. I have many dear friends who did not have such a great year in those regards. Here's to all of us having a wonderful and healthy ʻ08. I celebrated the last day of 2007 by taking my new car out on my favorite drive - to Occidental, then Coleman Valley Road and down the coast. There were lots of people out there enjoying the last of the light of 2007. It was sunny and nary a breeze. The sunset was unbelievable. We considered having a few friends over tonight, but after having 29 people here for Christmas, we're done with that for awhile. We'll go out to the front porch at midnight and blow the conch shells.


I live on Coleman Valley Road and I am wearing my winter coat.





"Mommy, some lady's taking pictures of me."




It looked like somebody airbrushed a squiggly in the sky



Last sunlight of 2007 on the town of Bodega Bay.


Sunset on Bodega Bay

Egret or a Heron? Must learn my birds.


"X" Marks the spot.





1 comment:

Donita Curioso said...

Oh my god, Nancy, these photos are so beautiful. The calf pictures are totally adorable. The pictures of Bodega Bay made me miss the gorgeousness of Sonoma County. We just don't have beautiful countryside around here.

Yes, I'm very happy to see 2007 go. My new year came in while I was sitting in an IHop waiting for Lindsay and Kyle's plane to land. I had my phone on the table so I could know exactly when it happened. The restaurant was pretty packed but NO ONE gave a cheer for the new year. I thought that was pretty interesting. The worst year of my life quietly slipped away with not so much as a whimper. Appropriate, I guess.