Wednesday, February 9, 2011

More Doggies

"Maka" is my friend Judy's Labradoodle. Not only is he Judy's pride and joy, he is the best-mannered dog I have ever known. And he's a sweetie too. He volunteers as a canine visiting companion for hospital patients, and as a "spokes-dog" for the Hawaiian Humane Society. I was hesitant to attempt to sculpt him, because I wasn't sure how to handle the long-hair. I ended up felting his core with solid sheep wool, and then tacking on an outer layer of Angora Goat Mohair for his curly locks. It worked out well. I gave this to Judy as a Thank-You gift for letting us stay in her guest studio in Hawai`i for a couple of days last week. She loved it, but I think Maka loved it even more. He thought it was a new toy! It is stored high out of his reach!

"Maka"

A few pictures of the real Maka:



Oh, and here's a corgi I made for my daughter, who's bananas about Corgis. I made him last year sometime, and he keeps her company at college.

1 comment:

krex said...

Both felted and furry are adorable . I never lose my gratitude that we humans have been blessed with sharing our lives with our furry friends .