Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Henrietta gets a Legband


I struggle with how to sign my name to my felt sculptures. Since I'm about to send Henrietta off to the Sonoma County Harvest Fair, I knew I had to have my name on her somewhere. She's not permanently attached to her base, so simply woodburning my name on the base wouldn't work. So I finally came up with the idea of a legband. I figured out how to run muslin fabric through my printer, and voila! She's banded with "Property of Nancy Lorenz."

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Henrietta is beautiful! I love needlefelting and like to see what other people do. Warm wishes, Esther

Nancy said...

Thanks, Ester. I also love vintage collectibles - especially embroidered tea towels. Nice site!

Anonymous said...

Love, love your felting! Such incredible precision and technique!

BumbleVee said...

what a great idea...

hopped over from another needlefelting site.... I'm like Shabby...love to check out other feltings ....